Our mission is to personalize learning through a collaboration of family, community and school; to nurture the innate curiosity of our students; ignite their passion for learning; and prepare them for lifelong success.
Instruction that supports diverse, personalized approaches towards learning:
- Student-centered, authentic, flexible and creative.
- Meets diverse educational needs and learning styles (tutors, inquiry-based, field trips, hands-on, mentors).
- Delivered by positive and enthusiastic teachers who are knowledgeable about their subjects.
- Student-driven, wherein student assumes responsibility and ownership for his or her education.
Curriculum that supports families with educational resources, guidance and opportunities:
- Comprehensive and state standards based.
- Supports diverse educational needs and learning styles.
- Focuses on student-centered, individualized learning.
- Incorporates challenging and engaging learning materials and activities.
Assessment that supports diverse and personalized approaches:
- Ongoing and formative.
- Assumes high expectations for students.
- Respects different learning styles by providing a variety of assessment methods.
- Involves students in goal planning and reflective self-assessment.
Environment is a safe and nurturing learning environment for all community members:
- Provides opportunities for all students to learn positive academic, social, and life skills.
- Respects diversity while valuing community goals and partnerships.
- Safe, fun, and respectful.
- Inclusive and encouraging of open and honest communication among all students, parents, and staff.
- Small class sizes and warm, welcoming spaces.
- Students, parents, and staff work to promote the culture of ACA.